Pages

Friday, March 8, 2013

Eff You Mother Nature

Like I've said before. I'm a New England girl, born and raised. I'm used to winter with cold, snow, ice, whatever Mother Nature in all her craziness can throw at us.

But in case she didn't get the memo, it's March. Time for sunshine and flowers and warmer than 32 degrees. Time for you to cut this snow crap out and let us move on to spring.

So last night when I left work I saw this



Not really a fun way to end your work day. And to top it off, I had to go home to get my gym clothes since I failed to put them in the dryer til yesterday morning when I left for work. Suck.

Really, all I wanted to do was curl up on the couch, watch Ellen, and eat an entire jar of Skippy with a sleeve of saltines. Unfortunately, Hal Higdon had other ideas for me. Namely, a 3 mile run and some strength training. So off to the gym I went. I decided to throw in 20 minutes on the StairMaster since I was there. Why not?

After the gym, I went home and had dinner. Then I watched American Idol with my Mom roommate. Now I know, Idol is kinda hokey and has seriously jumped the shark with their celebrity judges, but I have a serious thing for Keith Urban. How can you not? Plus, one of the girls who made the top 10 is from Massachusetts. Gotta rep the hometown girl!

So this morning when I went to leave for work, I saw this


Really Mother Nature you crazy beast?

A quick check of the news let me know that this storm that was supposed to have been "mostly rain" had dumped 4-6 inches of heavy wet snow overnight. And the snow is supposed to continue until this afternoon. Most of the schools in our area were either closed or delayed opening. According to Facebook, a good number of my friends were either taking the day or didn't have to go in. Me? Not so much. I'm an admin for the local Fire Department, so 9 times out of 10, I'm considered "necessary personnel". Lucky me. So here I am at work watching the snow fall and answering a boatload of calls.

After work (Friday's I'm out at noon!) I'll head up to New Hampshire to spend the weekend with my future hubby (FH). Tomorrow, FH and I have pre-cana. For those of you who didn't get married in the Catholic Church, pre-cana is pretty much like a full day of marriage counseling. And something you need to complete before getting married. Or as FH likes to refer to it "Jesus Camp". He is less than thrilled at spending one of his few and far between weekend days off in 8 hours of pre-cana. I had to promise him steak afterwards to get him to stop pouting.

Hope everyone has a fantabulous weekend. Hopefully it's not snowing wherever you are. And if you're one of the not so lucky ones who got hit with this sneaky little storm, I hope you're at home on your couch watching Ellen with a jar of Skippy and a sleeve of saltines.

Happy Friday!!!
Erin








No comments:

Post a Comment